1. We schedule appointmentsNeed a dental cleaning? Too bad! You have to wait until summer.
Doctor visit? No way Jose.
Well check ups? Not until summer.
Oh, you have an ingrown toenail? You better hop on one foot for a few months!
No one has time for appointments during the school year, and even if we did, who wants to write sub plans?
2. We schedule our kid's appointmentsMultiply a teacher's summer appointments by the number of kids they have. It's not pretty.
3. We have babiesYou know those late May, early June babies... yeah, those are probably teacher's kids. Having a baby during the school year is dang near impossible if you want your students to learn anything.
4. We do arts, crafts, and teachingThen, when you have those babies, you have to actually TEACH them! We do this partly because we have mom-teacher guilt if we don't, but also because we don't want the side eye from our children's teachers when they find out that WE are teachers!
5. We go to workshopsYes, we work... for FREE!
Okay, okay... we don't really work for free. We get paid in credits that go toward renewing our teacher certification every few years. It's pretty much the same thing.
6. We go on vacationBecause who wants to plan a trip during the fall or spring when it's nice outside and plane tickets are cheap? Definitely not us!
7. We go on pinning binges and write lessonsIn case you haven't heard, teachers don't actually get time to PLAN their lessons at school. That doesn't make any sense, I know. But, teachers do their planning at home... on nights, weekends, and SUMMERS! So, while you are watching your Netflix shows, we are pinning and planning ideas to start our year off on the right foot.
8. We set up our classroomThis is another one of those things that doesn't make sense. Teachers don't get time to set up their rooms either! What??? Yeah... I know, I don't get this one either. We come in during our summers to do this... and most likely, we are doing it with our kids in tow.
9. We spring cleanWho has time to clean your whole house from top to bottom during Spring Break? Not this lady! So, any household chores that have been piling up will be done in the summer. And by the time summer gets here, it has gotten pretty bad!
10. Sleep and relaxHahaha! Just kidding. Who has time for that?